terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions of Sale – A Must Read.
It is important to Haw River Junction, also referred to as the gallery, that all bidders understand the terms and conditions under which its auctions are conducted. Please carefully read the Conditions of Sale set forth below. By participating and/or bidding in the auction, you are acknowledging your understanding of, and accepting our terms.
The property offered for sale by Haw River Junction is subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. All property is sold in “as is” condition and without recourse, and the Gallery makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to catalogue description, attribution, authenticity, provenance, origin, size, age or condition of any of the property offered for sale. It is the responsibility of the purchaser, prior to the auction, to examine the property and make a determination as to the value, condition, description, authenticity, provenance, origin, size and age of the property.
2. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be the purchaser. The auctioneer is the sole individual who may deem the object, “sold.” No floor or ring people have that authority. The gallery reserves the right to reject any bid. The auctioneer shall advance the bid at his/her sole discretion. The auctioneer in his/her sole discretion may determine to re-offer any lot in dispute. In the event of any dispute, the gallery record of the bids shall be accepted as conclusive.
3. The gallery reserves the right in its sole discretion at any time before bidding commences to withdraw, combine or divide any lot.
4. At the fall of the auctioneer’s hammer, title will pass to the highest bidder, and the bidder thereupon assumes full risk and responsibility for the property, including the obligation to immediately pay the full price or such price as the gallery may require.
5. All bidders are required to provide their name, residence and/or business address, telephone number, driver’s license number and credit card number. The gallery shall have the right to reject any bid from anyone who has not established credit with the Gallery prior to the auction or who has defaulted in any previous on-line bidding platforms.
6. The purchase price paid by in-house bidders is the amount of the final bid plus a thirteen percent (13%) buyer’s premium. Winning absentee bidders and telephone bidders will pay the final bid price plus fifteen percent (15%) buyer’s premium. Online Bidders will pay the purchase price plus twenty-three (23%) buyer’s premium. Accepted forms of payment include: cash, approved checks, all major credit cards, debit cards and PayPal. North Carolina sales tax of 6.75% will be added to the purchase price to in-state purchases unless a tax-exempt form has been filed with our cashier.
7. Property purchased from Haw River Junction by a successful bidder may not be removed from the auction sale premises until the full purchase price plus the buyer’s premium and all applicable taxes have been paid. The purchaser must pay for and remove all property from the auction premises at completion of the sale or within 48 hours unless prior arrangements are made.
8. If the purchaser fails to fulfill these conditions, in addition to all legal remedies available to Haw River Junction, the Gallery may: a.) cancel the sale and retain any payments made as liquidated damages; b.) resell the property for the account of the buyer, in which case the buyer shall be liable to the Gallery for all its costs and damages, including the commissions for both auctions, or, c.) remove the property to a public warehouse for the account and at the risk and expense of the buyer.
9. Due to limited storage space for sold items, Haw River Junction, LLC requires that the arrangements for the pick-up or shipment of purchased items must be completed within 15 days of the auction unless other arrangements have been made. Please remember, once an item has sold, it is no longer covered by the auction company’s insurance and is stored at the owner’s risk. A notice of 24 hours must be given before items are picked up. Haw River Junction, LLC reserves the right to charge a fee of $5 per day, per item, if not removed within 30 days from date of sale. Items not removed after 60 days of purchase may, at the discretion of Haw River Junction, LLC be sold without notice to cover the cost of the merchandise and/or storage charges. Items are stored at the buyer’s risk.